Purpose of UHS MDCAT
UHS stands for University of Health Sciences. Each year UHS conducts MDCAT entry test. This test is for the candidates seeking admission in MBBS or BDS in Medical Colleges of Punjab.
MDCAT is short for Medical and Dental College Admission Test. Students seeking in these universities (private or public) are required to apply on basis of MDCAT.
UHS Affiliated Colleges
Below mentioned is the complete list of Medical Colleges that take admissions on the basis of UHS MDCAT.
- King Edward medical college Lahore
- Nishtar Medical College, Multan
- Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore
- Ameer ud Din Medical College, Lahore
- Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Medical College, Mirpur, AJK
- De’Montmorency College of Dentistry, Lahore
- Ghazi Khan Medical College, D. G. Khan
- Dental Section, Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad
- Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore
- Gujranwala Medical College, Gujranwala
- Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Medical & Dental College, Lahore
- Nawaz Sharif Medical College, Gujrat
- Nishtar Institute of Dentistry, Multan
- Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad
- Poonch Medical College, Rawlakot
- Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur
- Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi
- Sahiwal Medical College, Sahiwal
- Sargodha Medical College, Sargodha
- Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College, Sialkot
- Services Institute of Medical Sciences, Lahore
- Sheikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan
- Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) Medical colleges
Eligibility Criteria of UHS MDCAT
- Applicants must have a domicile of Punjab, Islamabad or Gilgit Baltistan.
- Obtained minimum of 70% marks (770/1100) in Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination. And 60% marks in admission test
- Also candidate must have a minimum of twelve years of education.
- Lastly, candidates applying on international seats can apply on the basis of valid SAT II scores. (Minimum 550/800 marks in each of three subjects, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics/Mathematics). Also they can apply on valid International MCAT with minimum score of 500.
Furthermore, to visit the official website of UHS click here.
Latest Test Pattern of UHS MDCAT:
- Total marks for entry test are 200.
- The distribution of MCQs is :
- Biology 80 MCQs
- physics 40 MCQs
- chemistry 60 MCQs
- English 20 MCQs
- Each MCQ carry single mark.
- There is no negative marking.
UHS MDCAT Past Papers
Past papers help you a lot in order to prepare for exams. Moreover equip you with knowledge and examination techniques. Past papers are a primary way to revise the whole syllabus and to practice more number of questions.
Here is the link to download past papers question and answers from 2008-2017
Watch this video to know why students fail Medical Entry Test
In addition to the above blog, you can also read the following related blogs as well: