If you are looking to get admission in PUCIT, you are at the right place. PUCIT is the largest Institute; located in the heart of Lahore; known for Software Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology with its best faculty.
You’d have many questions regarding enrolling in PUCIT, so we have put together this post to answer your queries related to the institute.
Let’s get started!
PUCIT Admission Schedule:
Admissions will be opened in the end of June or July 2020. There is no conformed news related to the PUCIT admission schedule on the website because of the COVID-19 situation. But we are providing you with the information related to the Entry test of PUCIT, so that you can do the preparation at home in the covid-19 vacations.
Entry Test Guidelines:
PUCIT entertains only its own test and this test will include quantitative maths and analytical reasoning questions only. It will be conducted at Lahore Board Examination Center, as convention.
Following is the marks division of the entry test:
- Total Questions: 35
- Total Marks: 140
- Correct: +4
- Incorrect: 0
- Unattempted: +1
- No Negative Marking
Merit Formula and Last year’s Merit
You can calculate your merit from this link: PUCIT Aggregate Calculator
Talking about the last year’s merit, it was around 74% for BS programs. Whereas, afternoon classes merit is slightly lower than morning classes.
Eligibility Criteria of PUCIT
For BS (SE) (CS) (IT) 4-Years Programs
ICS / F.Sc. Pre-Engineering / F.Sc. Pre-Medical with additional Math / A-Level with Math or DAE Diploma.
For M.Sc Computer Science
BCS(3years)/B.Com/ B.A/ B.Sc with elective Mathematics or Computer Studies.
For M.Phil Computer Science
M.Sc (CS), M.Sc (IT) / BS / (Hons.) with Computer Science / Information Technology / Software Engineering / Computer Engineering / Information Systems / Bioinformatics / Electrical Engineering / Business and Information Technology (BBIT) Degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject from a recognized University (at least 16 year of education; 130 credit hours) as per Higher Education Commission (HEC) rules.
For Ph.D Computer Science
- MS / M.Phil / M.Sc. (Engineering / Hons.) with Computer Science / Information Technology / Software Engineering / Computer Engineering / Information Systems / Bioinformatics Degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject from a recognized University (at least 18 year of education) with minimum CGPA > 3.00 / 4.00 as per Higher Education Commission (HEC) rules.
- 50 percent marks are mandatory for academic qualification otherwise the candidate will not be able to appear in the written test.
PUCIT does have reserved seats for Balochistan, PU Teachers, PU Employees. But there are no seats of self-finance.
Merit above 75% is a good score for securing admission in Punjab University College of Information technology. Best of luck!
Entry Test Preparation:
Moreover, if you’d like to prepare for Entry Test, signup on our website Preparehow.com and avail free entry test preparation mock tests today.
In addition to the above blog, You can also read the blogs mentioned below:
- NUST UNIVERSITY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ,TEST PATTERN AND OFFERED PROGRAMS
- NUMS OFFERED PROGRAMS AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- PM IMRAN KHAN ALLOWED A SPECIAL CSS EXAMS 2020 (188 SEATS)
- NATIONAL DEFENCE UNIVERSITY OFFERED PROGRAMS AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA GUIDANCE
- PUNJAB EDUCATIONAL ENDOWMENT FUND PEEF SCHOLARSHIP GUIDANCE
- HEC NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIP FOR NUML 2020
- PIEAS APPLICATION PROCESS AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA GUIDANCE
- NED UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION 2020
For Entry test preparation you can take assistance of PrepareHOW app.