Today in this blog I would like to inform you about UET Lahore new policy. For admissions in undergraduate programs UET Lahore has announced a new policy. According to this new policy candidates who are waiting for the result of Intermediate 2 can apply for the UET admissions. In simple words students waiting for their second year result are also now eligible for UET. For more infromation please keep reading the blog.
However, admission of UET was associated with statement of second year Intermediate result by the Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISEs), the admission process was delayed as compared to competing institutions that provide engineering education and offer admission based on 1st year Intermediate result.
UET Lahore new Policy:
Major Changes in the UET Policy
- Addition of matriculation marks in aggregate
- Grant admission based on marks in ET, Matriculation, and Intermediate PART 1 (or O level).
- Students are eligible to apply on the basis of Intermediate Part 1/ Equivalent
- Money Refund without any deduction
General Admission Requirements:
- Candidates applying for the undergraduate degree in UET should meet the requirements mentioned below:
- Applicants should have secured in Intermediate/ DAE or equivalent Foreign examinations excluding the marks of sports.
- He should have secured the CGPA of 2.5 ( At least) out of 4.0 Bs.c Engineering Technology or Equivalent degree.
- He needs to secure atleast C grade in Physics, Mathematics/Biology , Chemistry/CS in A level Examination
- He should be real/ authentic resident of the area from where he is seeking admission
- Applicant needs to meet the criteria of eye sight and physique
Applicants need to secure at least 50% overall adjusted aggregate marks. Aggreagate marks formula is mentioned below:
In case of Intermediate Stream:
- Entry test percentage marks: Carries 30 % weight
- Matric Percentage Marks : Carries 25 % weight
- First Year Percentage Marks : Carries 45% weight
In case of Diploma holders :
- Entry Test Percentage Marks : Carries 30 % weight
- Sum of the percentage of 1st and 2nd years : 70% weight
In case of Bsc Engineering Technology or Equivalent degree holders
- Entry Test Percentage Marks : 30 % weight
- 7 semester CGPA (If student hasn’t completed the degree yet): Carries 70 % Weight
In case of Foreign Qualification:
- Entry Test Marks: Carries 30 % Weight
- Marks secured in 1st year (O-levels/Equivalent): Carries 70% Weight
Point to keep in mind:
- As per the new UET policy , Admissions will be offered before the result declaration of Intermediate part 2, So there are few conditions that students need to keep in mind:
- If candidates fail to secure 60% or above in Intermediate/ DAE then the admission will get cancelled. Fees will be compensated without any deduction.
- Admission of A level students will get cancelled if they fail to secure at least C Grade in Physics, Biology/Mathematics, CS/chemistry and dues will be compensated without any deduction.
Unconfirmed Admission Schedule of UET University:
- An Admission test will be conducted in the middle of june from the candidates. (At the end of intermediate theory exams) Every year
- Admissions will get open in the first week of july every year
- The first Merit List will get displayed in the First week of August
Aim Behind the change in Policy :
The University took the the decisions of early admissions and online test to assist the candidates in the Entry Test and to provide students with an opportunity of choosing the engineering institution of their very own choice. On the whole help this policy will help the candidates with financial obstacles. Colleges and institutes that are affiliated with UET Lahore need to follow the same policy.
For more queries please visit UET website
In addition to the above blog, you can also read the following related blogs as well;
- NUMS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND OFFERED PROGRAMS
- Programs offered by COMSATS
- Fast Eligibility Criteria and Offered Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions About UET
For more information also visit
For Entry test preparation you can take assistance of Entry test Preparation App.